[Freeciv-Dev] autoconf2.5x patch

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] autoconf2.5x patch
From: Per I Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 17:18:16 +0200 (MEST)

I've managed to decode, reindent and upgrade the beastial custom autoconf
X library detection hack used in freeciv. The result is an autoconf2.5x
version of configure.in which (barring the usual bugs) should work as fine
for Xaw as the old one.

The simple solution outlined ealier, using both configure.in and
configure.ac simultaneously, turned out to produce an avalanche of
warnings. So I hacked ./autogen.sh quite a bit and the result is an even
cleaner ./autogen.sh output than was before, in addition to it selecting
and using the right configure.in|ac file :-)

I hate reading m4 macros. My brain is near the bursting point... Please
test and give me feedback on this.

Yours,
Per

Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason."
 -- Sir John Harrington (1561-1612)