[Freeciv-Dev] Re: server/settlers.c cleanup 3

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>, Per I Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: server/settlers.c cleanup 3
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 03:32:27 -0700 (PDT)

--- Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Apr 2002, Ross W. Wetmore wrote:
>
> At 05:16 PM 02/04/13 -0700, Raahul Kumar wrote:
>
>I've had a long argument with Raimar about this. Good luck to you Per. I
> fully agreed with the old patch, and I agree with your current approach as
>well.

> I think the ridiculous extremes the Freeciv code goes to to avoid floating
> point is pointless.
> >
> > Wait until your program dies consistently storing its float value back into
> > an int.
>
> Why does it happen and in what circumstances?
>
> G.

I'm curious about it myself. It's not like that is an insurmountable problem.
And, to be clear, the current Freeciv code has a few waiting to happen
overflows. The danger calcs in AI are one obvious choice.

Aloha,
RK.

When I was a kid I said to my father one afternoon, "Daddy, will you
take me to the zoo?" He answered, "If the zoo wants you let them come
and get you."
-- Jerry Lewis