[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cleanup of files of the root dir

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cleanup of files of the root dir
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 16:59:32 -0500

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 09:55:10PM +0200, per@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > > I have found around 25 AUTHORS files on a quick scan on my
> > > harddisk. And no PEOPLE file. It also looks like AUTHORS is created by
> > > glade.
> > well then, let me weigh in against an AUTHORS file. I agree with Paul.
> > PEOPLE is more inclusive. Whether or not other projects have it is to me
> > immaterial.
>
> What is not immaterial, I suppose, is that AUTHORS is required by
> automake. It is part of the GNU standard. You must run "automake
> --foreign" to avoid this. I'd rather not.
>
> My vote is for AUTHORS.

hmm, ok, so it seems that NEWS, COPYING, README, INSTALL, and AUTHORS are
all required to be in the root dir for automake to operate without the flag.

I say leave these in the root dir, move the rest to doc/
(though I'd almost want a doc.i18n/ directory or some such)
but I still like the AUTHORS to be bare with everything in doc/PEOPLE

-mike