[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cleanup of files of the root dir

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cleanup of files of the root dir
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:15:19 +0200

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 04:04:56PM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:

> Second try:
>   mv INSTALL.debian build.debian debian
>   echo "Please see doc/PEOPLE for a complete list." >AUTHORS
>   mv PEOPLE TODO BUGS HOWTOPLAY doc
>   mv freeciv_hackers_guide.txt doc/HACKING
>   mv README* doc
>   echo "Please see the doc/ directory for the complete list of
> documentation." >README

Looks good.

> doc is now crowded:
>
> BUGS
> BUGS.de
> BUGS.sv

It may make sense to follow the website here, i.e.

  docs/$file       for unset LANG
  docs/$foo/$file  for LANG=$foo

This is good if someone wants to browse them in a specific language.
It is not so good if only some documents exist in that language.

I still think it would be better to omit docs/ from the source code
tree.  It can be part of the website (which is in CVS) or in
its own CVS tree.

--
Reinier