[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Idea/suggestion: Different heights

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Idea/suggestion: Different heights
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 08:58:11 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Alan Schmitt wrote:
> Civ 3 uses such a line of sight thing: you see much farther on a
> mountain (but you don't see behind mountains) than in the plains. It
> leads to interesting things in the exploration phase of the game, where
> one tries to hop from mountain to mountain.

... which is just so silly when you actually stop to think about it.

Downhill attack bonus is also dumb. Not to mention rather counter
intuitive - and no other wargame I can think of has it - so this would be
a RTFM feature.

So I'm opposed to both features, if that matters.

Yours,
Per

"Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men,
for the nastiest of reasons, will somehow work for the benefit of
us all." -- John Maynard Keynes