[Freeciv-Dev] Re: New Connection Dialog for Win32

To: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: New Connection Dialog for Win32
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 04:00:38 -0800 (PST)

--- Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Raahul Kumar writes:
>  >
>  > --- Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  > > Raahul Kumar writes:
>  > >  >
>  > >  > Looking forward to it. If there is someone out there willing to test
> it on
>  > > the
>  > >  > other win9x, and win2k onwards.
>  > >  >
>  >
>  > This is badly needed. Someone on Freeciv-dev must be dual booting the
> other
>  > windows versions.
> You are right, more testing of the win32 client is needed.
> A direct link from the download page to a cvs snapshot of the win32
> client is really needed. Too few people look at the projects and ports
> page.
>
> I have tested the connection dialog with wine and win95.
> It runs stable with both.
> According to
> http://www.freeciv.org/clients.phtml
>
> at least some of the cvs snapshots seem to be used on Win2k and WinNT, too.

No one's sent in any reports about testing the dialog in Win2k, NT etc. I agree
with the direct link from the webpage. I don't understand why you don't already
have it. IMO, the connection dialogue is great. It's better than the gtk one,
because it works.

The windows client needs work on only one area, the city screen. I can't say
anything else about the windows client bothers me except the missing features.