Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Borders patch

To: Pasi Valminen <pvalmine@xxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Borders patch
From: Stewart Adcock <stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:11:15 +0000

Hi,

Yes, I can observe this bug (or set of bugs) too. Since I wrote the original patch, it is probably my fault. This is a new bug introduced by one of the many CVS updates since that patch was written.

There are now three distinct bugs that I know about and can reproduce. I will have no time to fix them before the end of February, although I am eager to do this. As a quick fix, play using an older CVS snapshot ;)

Stewart.

Pasi Valminen wrote:

I'm using CVS from the Feb 18th and the newly updated borders patch. If I
conquer a city the borders won't update! This will result in a situation
in which I cannot place my citizens in the conquered city area because
they are not allowed to enter other nations area. The server prints the
following: 1: Pskov is bugged: size:5 workers:4 elvis: 0 tax:0 sci:0
1: Tile at Pskov->1,0 marked as unavailable but seems to be available!
1: Tile at Pskov->2,0 marked as unavailable but seems to be available!
1: Tile at Pskov->3,0 marked as unavailable but seems to be available!
1: Tile at Pskov->0,1 marked as unavailable but seems to be available!
1: Tile at Pskov->1,1 marked as unavailable but seems to be available!
1: Tile at Pskov->2,1 marked as unavailable but seems to be available!
1: Tile at Pskov->3,1 marked as unavailable but seems to be available!
1: Tile at Pskov->4,1 marked as unavailable but seems to be available!
1: Tile at Pskov->1,2 marked as unavailable but seems to be available!
1: Tile at Pskov->2,2 marked as unavailable but seems to be available!
1: Tile at Pskov->3,2 marked as unavailable but seems to be available!
1: Tile at Pskov->4,2 marked as unavailable but seems to be available!
1: Tile at Pskov->1,3 marked as unavailable but seems to be available!
1: Tile at Pskov->2,3 marked as unavailable but seems to be available!
1: Tile at Pskov->3,3 marked as unavailable but seems to be available!

If I reconnect with the client, the borders seem fine and nice on the map
but I still can't place those citizens on the city area.

Restarting the server corrects the borders. Anyone else suffering from the
same bug of the previous description? An easy way around this?

Pasi Valminen <pasi.valminen@xxxxxx>

The world is no longer ruled by nations with the biggest armies but by those with the most brilliant scientists.

.

Stewart Adcock   stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   www.stewart-adcock.co.uk
Dept. Chemistry & Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego
4234 Urey Hall, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093-0365 USA
lab: +1 858 534 0956 home: +1 858 453 2577