Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: package_dumb_city: Assertion failed (PR#1266)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: package_dumb_city: Assertion failed (PR#1266)
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 13:59:56 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 03:41:15PM +0100, Raimar Falke wrote:

> I'm lost. Infos so far: the savegame dump_city.sav.gz contains a
> dumb_city entry for "Carncastle" for player "chris" but "Carncastle"
> isn't anymore -> assert triggers. I suspect that this was caused by my
> change which introduces player_has_traderoute_with_city in
> server/citytools.c. However this change only triggers if there is a
> traderoute with the city ("Carncastle"). And Christian didn't build
> one. If it is an old error why was it uncovered now? Any ideas?

This bug started to annoy me, because it happens often. So I digged
into it.

It looks for me that savegames are corrupt in a way I can't tell,
so you find your game not reloadable, and a lot of previous savegames
too :-(

I've found a way to reproduce the savegame getting corrupt :)

Try this: http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/bugs/dumbo.sav.gz

Login as chris. Move the caravelle 3 tiles NE, discovering the
spanish city of Valencia of size 1. Watch the barbarian musketeer
in front of Valencia's undefended gates. Move the Caravelle *out*
*of* *sight* of Valencia. Move the explorer SE. Save the game.
Reload the saved game, login as chris, start, crash boom bang.

Happy debugging,

Christian

--
http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *