Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestion

To: Pasi Valminen <okun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestion
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 13:26:47 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, Pasi Valminen wrote:

> This might be a stupid thingie but anyway:
> I asked earlier about adding the national borders. I got immediately a
> site where to get the patch but it should be patched to Dec 27 CVS and it
> won't compile with the new CVS.

        This is not true. The latest release of the borders patch is
newborders-20020119.patch, available from http://freecivac.sf.net/.
(Actually, that's not true either - I've just updated it so that it should
apply to today's CVS, so the latest version is now 20020218. You'd better
get it quickly before Raimar applies another one of his crazy style
fixes though, as these always play merry havoc with 3rd-party patches. ;)

> why the patch hasn't been included in the new CVS? I'm really
> anxious about testing this with my friends.

        Come on. It's only been available (in one form or another) for ten
months. Patches take a while to get into Freeciv CVS... It is in FreecivAC
CVS though, so you might want to test that instead. FreecivAC probably has
twice as many bugs as Freeciv, so it'll keep you busy. ;)

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have