Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] moves_left

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] moves_left
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:58:43 +0100

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 12:41:12PM +0000, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
>  --- Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: >
> > I assume you guess it: moves_left is uses as a boolean comparison. Bla
> > bla bla.
> >
> >     Raimar
>

> > -  if (!punit->moves_left) return 1;
> > +  if (punit->moves_left == 0) return 1;
>
> to be even more fail safe, you can do
> if (punit->moves_left <= 0 ) return 1;
>
> BTW, this all is very nice, but you are fixing the code that is already
> quite ok.  How about doing something more challenging / useful ?

As an outsider I would give my vote to Raimar here.
The patches are trivial, so there is little risk of introducing errors,
and they reduce the noise level in splint, allowing the small percentage
of real bugs hiding in such constructs to be detected automatically.
That makes it worthwhile.

--
Reinier