[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch for freeciv

To: Alexander Mai <st002279@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch for freeciv
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:18:25 +0100

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 12:55:08AM +0100, Alexander Mai wrote:
> Hello,
>
> attached is a patch for the civserver to work within
> "non xterm sessions" on OS/2. It has been written by
> some previous OS/2 porter, but never made its way into
> the sources. And I didn't know what it was required for ...
>
> Problem is that those sessions doesn't react in time
> (or at all) to client connections.
> According to the contribution guide one shouldn't
> add #ifdef my_fancy_os, but here I'm not sure
> whether I should really try to make this code more
> general so it gets executed w/o #ifdef ?? (should work...,
> not tried)

The patch enables the canonical mode for the terminal. Why is this
needed? It looks to me like some bug in OS/2 or the other software
used. Freeciv doesn't mess with the terminal normally. Readline
does. Does the bug show up if you disable the readline support?

Nevertheless the code should be wrapped in a
"enable_canonical_terminal_mode" function.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  +#if defined(__alpha__) && defined(CONFIG_PCI)