[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Kde-games-devel] libadvkdegames (was qt)

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <kde-games-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Kde-games-devel] libadvkdegames (was qt)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 16:59:44 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 31 Dec 2001, Gregor Zeitlinger wrote:
> It's not just a new freeciv client. A whole new architecture. Fully
> object-oriented Server, Client and Ai, including scriptable ai, for
> example.

I wish you luck with that project. Personally I am not interested in
writing a KDE-only civ-clone, but the more games the merrier...

> The current C architecture really gets to the limit there, IMO,
> although not everyone on the freeciv mailing list will agree with me
> here.

Scripting? C can use scripting. For a good example of C using and being
used for scripting, http://home.elka.pw.edu.pl/~ppodsiad/seer/

C is not the limit.

Yours,
Per

"Economics is extremely useful as a form of employment for economists."
 -- John Kenneth Galbraith