[Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCHES: AI cleanups (PR#1176)

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCHES: AI cleanups (PR#1176)
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 16:49:04 -0800 (PST)

--- Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In unit_move_turns.diff
>
> +    if (unit_flag(punit, F_IGTER)) {
> +      move_rate *= SINGLE_MOVE;
> +    }
>
> It's actually IGTER_SPEEDUP  ( = SINGLE_MOVE/MOVE_COST_ROAD) instead of
> SINGLE_MOVE

Eek. I thought I fixed that. Thanks for the save G. By the way, the reason I
did not employ igter_speedup was that a certain someone suggested sending
in unit_move_turns by itself. The igter stuff is a patch by itself, when that
is accepted I will go ahead and change move_rate *= to igter_speedup.

So for now I will just add some lines as comment

// FIXME: IGTER units should have their move rates multiplied by igter_speedup
// Note: actually, igter units should never have their move rates multiplied.
// The correct behaviour is to have every tile they cross cost 1/3 of a
movement
// point.

Good comment? No, the comments in the code will not be C++ style, I just
happen to like that style.