[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Kde-games-devel] libadvkdegames (was qt)

To: kde-games-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Gregor Zeitlinger <zeitling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Kde-games-devel] libadvkdegames (was qt)
From: Neil Stevens <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 10:19:56 -0800

On Friday December 28, 2001 09:23, Gregor Zeitlinger wrote:
> Anyways, since both projects (and possibly much more) have such a broad
> base in common, it might be worth developing a library for it (maybe on
> top of anther one like ACE?) The server part should be independent from
> the Qt GUI (that's what the Boson developers wanted as well), the client
> can be Qt, I think. I hope the Boson develpers are on this list...

Freeciv already has an independent server, no?  and the common client code
is in a library already?  And I bet the BeOS client has come C++ wrappers
for all that.

All that is needed for a good KDE UI should be there already in freeciv.
I was going to do one if I got help, but my prospective helper couldn't
commit to the long march that would be writing a new Freeciv UI from
scratch, so I shelved the idea.

--
Neil Stevens
neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don't think of a bug as a problem.  Think of it as a call to action.