[Freeciv-Dev] Re: new natural names patch (PR#1127)

To: Erik Sigra <sigra@xxxxxxx>
Cc: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: new natural names patch (PR#1127)
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 12:10:40 +0100

Dear diary, on Mon, Dec 24, 2001 at 11:43:45AM CET, I got a letter, where Erik
Sigra <sigra@xxxxxxx> told me, that...

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jason Short" <vze2zq63@xxxxxxxxxxx> To:
> "freeciv-dev" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent:
> Sunday, December 23, 2001 10:31 PM Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: new natural
> names patch (PR#1127)
>
> > I'm fine with including this as a fourth alternative for negation.  But I'm
> > not sure if this is reasonable/possible either.  I do not have this
> > character on my keyboard, although it does appear fine in your e-mails.
> > Will it appear correctly to all editors?
>
> Since the rulesets contain all sorts of funny latin1 characters anyway, its
> no problem to include this one either. In fact, it is impossible to write a
> useful swedish ruleset without some of those funny latin1 characters. If you
> are worried about the use of the negation sign in the source code for the
> parser, you could use the numerical value there.
*some* rulesets maybe do - whose cities require that. Have luck with ruleset
written in i.e. latin2 ;).

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC, FreeCiv, (e)links
.
Firewall in a way is like the doorkeeper of a local pub. If you don't have your
I.D. on you, or if for some reason you do not qualify to enter, the doorkeeper
will not permit you to enter. In some extreme cases these doorkeepers will not
let you out, or at least give you a hard time before they finally let you out.
.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/