[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Reproducable core dump (PR#1051)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Reproducable core dump (PR#1051)
From: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 09:55:25 -0800 (PST)

Raimar Falke wrote:

And another version. Changes:
 - unified "safe", "empty" and "usable" to "safe"
 - various changes in comments
 - style changes (extra {} and such)

I now understand and like the function ;)

The changes look good.

+       /* Planes _always_ use SINLGE_MOVE a time so here we can just
+          use 1 instead of SINGLE_MOVE */

SINGLE_MOVE is misspelled here. (Also, I don't quite understand this comment. If it were up to me I'd say "planes _always_ use 1 move at a time so we must use 1 instead of SINGLE_MOVE", but I don't understand the relevant code as much as Gregory. It also seems to me that this 1 should be #defined somewhere, perhaps as

#define AIR_SINGLE_MOVE 1

Off-topic: This assumes planes fly at the same rate over all terrain. Seems reasonable. We might be tempted to also say

#define SEA_SINGLE_MOVE 1

but sea units do _not_ travel at the same rate over all terrain in the SMAC ruleset.

jason