[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Reproducable core dump (PR#1051)

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Reproducable core dump (PR#1051)
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 15:26:55 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Jason,

I think the patch is ready.  I have few comments on the comments but they
shouldn't stand in the way of the acception.

Very good work indeed.

Mike's suggestion is interesting but I do not think it is practical.
Petr's objection to the use of ai_handicap is IMHO wrong.

G.

 --- jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Here's a new patch.

[..]

> I haven't done any testing with the new version - although I did with
> an
> older version.  Some testing would be nice, but since the current code
> doesn't work anyway testing it in the field isn't all that bad.

I will try to do some testing later today.

> +  if (dist == 1) {
> +    assert(real_map_distance(x, y, dest_x, dest_y) == 1);
> +    return moves - total_distance;
> +  }

maybe add a comment before this statement,
/* checking if the O(n) part succeeded */
or something

> +  freelog(LOG_DEBUG, "air_can_move_between: didn't work. Lets try
> full");

if this log message ever appears it would be a bit misleading.
it's only first part of air_can_move_between that didn't work.

G.