[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Several bugs discovered when playing large civilisatio

To: s.yeates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Several bugs discovered when playing large civilisations (PR#1088)
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 11:06:36 +0100

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 04:53:13PM -0800, s.yeates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I enjoy playing large civilisations, but have found a number of bugs:

1)
> * Some mass operations (such as selling the same improvement in 700+
> cities at once via the economy report) cause the client to
> crash. The message on the server is: "cut connection say1 from
> localhost (connection incomplete) due to huge send buffer (2)". Some
> of the requested actions are performed, but not all.

> * When the client is restarted after such a crash, moves are MUCH
> faster for the first few moves. Is this a bug?

I have no idea.

> * When a spy tries to subvert a capital city it names a price
> (1000000 gold), but if you save that much money the city will not
> subvert.

Capitals can't be subverted. The 1000000 should be read
ProperEnglish("insubvertable").

> * When many (hundreds) of cities are selected in the cities report,
> changing their production takes an inordinately long time (the
> display is updated between each?)

This together with 1) shows the slow speed of the client GUI. The Xaw
client for example is much faster. You may test it.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Just because you put a flag on the moon doesn't make it yours, it just