[Freeciv-Dev] Re: C vs C++ vs Java

To: Andrew Sutton <ansutton@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, gregor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: C vs C++ vs Java
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 16:40:58 +0100

Dear diary, on Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 03:30:52PM CET, I got a letter,
where Andrew Sutton <ansutton@xxxxxxx> told me, that...
> > And, one last thing ... this is a network client-server application, so
> > heterogeneous, portability really helps. Running the same binary code
> > everywhere, or being able to ship pieces of it around as opposed to going
> > through layers of translation and protocol, is a good thing.  When you deal
> > with objects, remember this is code+data.
>
> downloadable code? hmmm.. that's an interesting idea. now that would be
> interesting. instead of downloading static configurations for unit
> capabilities you could just download the implementation. hmm... very
> interesting indeed. i'm assuming java allows that as its a web protocol.
oh! cool! we will get another audience of players of freeciv, 31337 [r4[k3r2
looking for another shells for their eggdrops, pushing their backdoors to you
directly by official interface.

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC, FreeCiv hacking
.
  "A common mistake that people make, when trying to design
   something completely foolproof is to underestimate the
   ingenuity of complete fools."
     -- Douglas Adams in Mostly Harmless
.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/