[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI strategy

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>, "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI strategy
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 15:42:05 +0100

> > Another issue, what about observing AI? Tuning behaviour and
> > debugging will be a lot harder w/o that.
>
> This is one of the reason that these code parts will be available to
> the human player as advisers. You can debug them easier.
These code parts? Which ones you mean? CMA? That's good, nevertheless
not enough. I can very hardly imagine advisor which will tell you
with which unit attack which other unit and for which unit take which
ferryboat to transport to which continent in order to start offensive
against which player... Well, best will be to practice the new AI, then
we will know :-).

>                                                          But I agree
> that tuning any AI is hard.
I said harder, not hard :^). We will probably need to expand the current
observer mode to support spying other connections ;-) (obviously crying
appropriatelly everywhere in order not to be abusable).

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC, FreeCiv hacking
.
  "A common mistake that people make, when trying to design
   something completely foolproof is to underestimate the
   ingenuity of complete fools."
     -- Douglas Adams in Mostly Harmless
.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/