[Freeciv-Dev] Re: curiosity

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: curiosity
From: Gregor Zeitlinger <zeitling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 00:26:52 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Reinier Post wrote:
> As usual, I won't bring in much code, but I'll comment anyway ...
> wouldn't it be better to switch to C++ or even Java for 2.0?
Isn't there development on a java client? I don't know anything about it,
I just saw that there is a mailing list. It would at least solve the GUI
issue as only one would have to be maitained. Scripting is also available
(JPyton for example), although I'm unqulified to compare. It might also be
worth a thought to make the config file XML, or the client/server
communication CORBA (might be too slow).

--
Gregor Zeitlinger
gregor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx