[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Please vote!

To: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Please vote!
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:47:25 +0100

> No preference - I use both.  I also use
>
>    /* B */
>    int foo3b(int x)
>    {
>      x = 3;
>        /* assign 3 to x */
>    }
Strongly against that! It's confusing, Syela used that and I move it everytime
I found it. Especially when you will mix it, you dunno when the comment is
referring to previous or following line.

> More cases:
They looks useless for me, at least I thought everyone (except Syela) would do
A ;-)... For the second one, I prefer D.

> There is probably more (whitespace after commas in function calls?).
That is clear also IMHO :-). But I'm strange maybe.

I propose that we should automatically inherite all GNU coding standarts. They
are really de-facto standart and we should abide at least basic rules from them
- i.e. spaces after commas and around operators.

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC
Real Users hate Real Programmers.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/