[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Coding Guideline --- more variants

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Coding Guideline --- more variants
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 16:32:25 +0100

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 02:55:59PM +0000, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> To better reflect varying opinions of the voters I included another
> possible choice in question 7 and added question 9 (very much related to
> 3).
>
> Shall we set a vague deadline on the voting?  Say this weekend?

We also want to votes of the maintainers (Andreas, Gaute,...)

> /***********************************
>  * 3: comments in code (see also 9:)
>  ***********************************/
>
> /* A */
> int foo3a(int x)
> {
>   x = 3;                      /* assign 3 to x */
> }
>
> /* B */
> int foo3b(int x)
> {
>   /* assign 3 to x */
>   x = 3;
> }

> /*****************************
>  * 9: comments in declarations
>  *****************************/
> int foo9(void)
> {
>
>   /* A */
>   struct foo {
>     int bar;                  /* bar is used for ....
>                                * in ..... way */
>     int blah;                 /* blah is used for .... */
>   };
>
>   /* B */
>   struct foo {
>     /* bar is used for ....
>      * in ..... way */
>     int bar;
>     /* blah is used for .... */
>     int blah;
>   };
> }

If 3b or 9b:

10a:
  /* line 1
   line 2
   line 3 */

10b:
  /* line 1
   * line 2
   * line 3 */

10c:
  /*
   * line 1
   * line 2
   * line 3
   */

I vote for 10c.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Living on earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip