[Freeciv-Dev] Re: sound and music

To: gij <genius_invincible_jesus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: sound and music
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:43:12 +0100

On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 05:18:12PM -0500, gij wrote:
> I saw the O'Reilly article and read that there is no music or
> sound for freeciv.  I then went to your website,
> http://www.freeciv.org/sounds/, and read what was there.  It
> isn't at all clear to me if the list on the right is needed or
> already implemented.  It doesn't say anything about music.
>
> I've got experience with tracked music, mainly Buzz
> (www.buzzmachines.org) and xm, though none doing soundtracks
> or sound design specifically.  It makes sense to use tracked music
> because of it's small size, but I'm not adverse to using mp3 or
> whatever.
>
> I'm not sure where to go from here.  Is there an email list?

This is the correct list ;)

IMHO we have to separate:
 - short clips which are associated with a unit type, a city
 improvement, a wonder or some action like mine building
 - background music

To be honest I have no idea what sounds are in
ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/contrib/sounds. We should have cleaned
this up before the article was published.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  (On the statement print "42 monkeys"+"1 snake"): BTW, both perl and Python