[Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv feedback (was: Nice article about Freeciv in O

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv feedback (was: Nice article about Freeciv in O'Rei
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 02:27:40 -0500

Kenn Munro <kenn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Questions: Now that Civ3 is out, when/how will Freeciv start to adopt
the new rules? Will it be gradually, or most-at-once? Perhaps it would be better to start the Civ3 rules before drastic changes were made to the current Freeciv AI. I see on the roadmap that better Civ2 compatibility comes before Civ3, but a lot of the work required for Civ2 compatibility would have to be re-done once the change to Civ3 rules was made.

I would say gradually, considering that it took quite some time to get this far with Civ2 compatibility. Besides, I am not sure how many people actually like the new Civ3 rules. I do like Civ3, and I think there are a lot of good ideas that can be brought into Freeciv. I am sure there will be a Civ3 compatibility mode eventually, the question is of course what you have just asked: when? I'd say the sooner the better. :-) Now we just have find enough people to work on it. It should keep them busy for a while.

Mike