[Freeciv-Dev] Re: The missing patch

To: mateusz stefek <matusik_s@xxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: The missing patch
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 21:30:05 -0800 (PST)

--- mateusz stefek <matusik_s@xxxxx> wrote:

<snip>

> >You cannot assume railroad_move cost is always going to equal 0.
> >Make the test if (d == railroad_move_cost). In fact, for a non zero
> >movecost this function would have to be rewritten. You need a check
> >that counts the number of tiles between pctiy x and y. Multiply the
> >result by railroad_move_cost. If d = the result then is connected.
> >
> That isn't always right way (something could be smaller than MOVE_COST_RAIL)
>
> What about adding
> +#if MOVE_COST_RAIL == 0
> everywhere cross_country_rail is used? (4 places)
> Or should I write something more complicated but prettier?

I'm currently in the middle of revising a lot of the ai movement code. As such,
you are correct that railroad move cost will not be the lowest cost
indefinately.
Maglev move cost is coming real soon now, if Raimar doesn't keep loading me
down
with sidetracking changes.

I suggest that you wait a couple of days 2-3 at most, for Raimar to
approve/reject my patches. Then the changes you need to make will be a lot
easier.