[Freeciv-Dev] Re: The missing patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: The missing patch
From: "mateusz stefek" <matusik_s@xxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 02:51:54 +0100

>> For ai cross-country-rail
>> +  /* if we don't want to build a city,
>> +   * build the railroad
>> +   */
>
>> +  if (pplayer->ai.control && best_act != ACTIVITY_UNKNOWN)
>
>What do you think about:
>
>  if (pplayer->ai.control && unit_flag(punit, F_SETTLERS) && best_act ==
>ACTIVITY_IDLE && gx==-1 and gy==-1)

why should I check if  *punit is settler?

I have no evaluation method to check value of building railroad-system,
because of it code:

+  if (pplayer->ai.control && best_act != ACTIVITY_UNKNOWN)
+    { if (cross_country_rail(punit,pplayer)) return;}

is placed after building a city, but before squares improvement.
Any suggestions?
I don't know how to evaluate this.

>Can the condition may also put here?
>
>  } else {
>    /* This line makes non-AI autosettlers go off auto when they run
>       out of squares to improve. I would like keep them on, prepared for
>       future pollution and warming, but there wasn't consensus to do so.
>*/
-    punit->ai.control=0;
+    if (!pplayer->ai.control || !cross_country_rail(punit,pplayer))
+      punit->ai.control=0;
>  }

YES. tnx

Question to all of You:
What do you think about letting non-AI autosettlers build the railway-system
I prefer doing it with my own hand.

I've attached new (a bit better) patch against 11.XI CVS
----
sorry for my enlish
mateusz stefek