[Freeciv-Dev] Re: building under cygwin

To: James Wilson <fat_hot@xxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: building under cygwin
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 21:12:19 +0100

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 11:04:51AM -0500, James Wilson wrote:

> -- maybe this is a FAQ, but I didn't find the answer anywhere - how can
> freeciv be built under cygwin against gtk1.3? configure is looking for
> gtk-config, which doesn't exist in the gtk1.3 for win32 bundles found at
> http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/new-downloads.html or
> http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html as far as I can see. can
> I trick it into using pkg-config or something like that?

I have the same problem on my FreeBSD system: I have gtk12-config,
but no gtk-config.  Apply the following patch to aclocal.m4 (which I
propose for CVS), run automake, and your problems should be over.
Alternatively, use the --with-gtk-prefix option to ./configure.
Try ./configure --help for details.

--
Reinier