[Freeciv-Dev] building under cygwin

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] building under cygwin
From: James Wilson <fat_hot@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 11:04:51 -0500

I'm just getting started playing around with building everything, please forgive any stupidity. I'm trying to build the latest cvs sources under cygwin 20011008 on Win98SE.

-- maybe this is a FAQ, but I didn't find the answer anywhere - how can freeciv be built under cygwin against gtk1.3? configure is looking for gtk-config, which doesn't exist in the gtk1.3 for win32 bundles found at http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/new-downloads.html or http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html as far as I can see. can I trick it into using pkg-config or something like that?

-- I can build against Xaw no problem. it crashes periodically but that's another story for another time.

by the way, you people have ruined my life with this horribly addictive game - it doesn't work to delete it, as I can just download it again. there should be a "Civilization Addicts Anonymous".

James