[Freeciv-Dev] Re: citymindist

To: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: citymindist
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 20:11:17 +0200

Am Sonntag,  7. Oktober 2001 19:53 schrieb Karl-Ingo Friese:
> On Sun, 7 Oct 2001, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > Why is the city mindist patch not yet included in CVS?
> >
> The reason it did not get into CVS "last time" was that it
> was shortly before 1.12.0 came out and Thue did not want
> any new features. It was applied on the metaserver 1.12.0
> however because these are the games where it is needed
> most (private games can use ruleset, even it is less
> userfriendly).

I've seen that on civserver, yes. How can I achieve this
with rulesets? Is it still possible with actual CVS?

> Lateron it was turned down because it is only part of the
> unify-servervariables-and-rulesets program, which is
> a) a good idea and b) true.
>
> The disadvantage of this is that the unify-process will
> take much more time than I have and I am not sure if it
> will be done within the next year. There were several ppl
> discussing unifying but I have not heard about someone
> actualy doing it ...
>
> So ... if you want, I can send in a citymindist patch that
> applies to latest CVS. A few things need to be changed
> (since there were a lot of cleanups in between) but it
> wont take that much time. However, I would dislike to
> waste it.

I would very like to play with it. So, if there aren't any
drawbacks, I'm very much for it.

> Ingo

Christian

--
* Christian Knoke                           +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel                  Wurtleutetweute 49 *