[Freeciv-Dev] Bug question

To: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Bug question
From: Justin Moore <justin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 01:54:17 -0400 (EDT)

   What are people's thoughts about Bugzilla as a bug-tracking system?
The UI seems to be a bit better, plus I think a larger number of OSS
and/or Linux people are more familiar with it (c'mon, who *hasn't*
submitted a bug to RedHat? :)).  I took a peek at the archives, but only
found a brief mention of Bugzilla back in May of '99, which is when the
current bug-tracking system went into effect.  Off the top of my head, I'm
not sure how it handles patch tracking, but I'm sure we'll get some lively
discussion about it.

   Plus Bugzilla's pretty easy to set up.  It only took me about 4 hours
today, with 3 of those being spent on a stupid (unrelated) MySQL problem,
and a half-hour because I didn't read the Install guide fully before
charging forward. :)

Questions?  Comments?  Flames?
-jdm

Department of Computer Science, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708-0129
Email:  justin@xxxxxxxxxxx