[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Bug question

To: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Bug question
From: Justin Moore <justin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:05:04 -0400 (EDT)

> >    I can give some details about my experience to whoever sets it up.  I
> > seem to be lacking root-level access on the webserver, however. :)
>
> If we install bugzilla I strongly suggest it reside on a completely
> different machine.

   As in a separate machine (i.e., bugs.freeciv.org) that's running
bugzilla and apache, or have the database on a separate host?  I think the
first is good, the second is not.  The database should really only be
accessable locally over a UNIX socket, and not on the 'net in general.

-jdm

"You don't give blood then take it back again
 We're all deserving of something more"
 - "Grievance"

Department of Computer Science, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708-0129
Email:  justin@xxxxxxxxxxx