[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Finishing up AI dialogue

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Finishing up AI dialogue
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 13:39:15 +0100 (BST)

 --- Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> get rid of all the magic numbers crusade? By the way,
> I was not at all involved in magic direction numbers,
> I was responsible for the introduction of
> SINGLE_MOVE_COST
> and other movement constants to replace magic numbers
> used in various places in the AI code. If you're

good work!

[...]

> > > I'm planning to have the AI by default share world
> > maps.
> >
> > Does this benefit the AI?
> >
> It certainly benefits the AI. The AI currently
> indulges in massive cheating, using data not available
> to the human player. But by not cheating, the AI is at
> a massive handicap. By having the AI always agree to
> swap world maps with players

So basically it wouldn't benefit AI at this stage (well, almost no
benefit), but ideally, it's a good thing.  Especially if you can make it
less discriminate (like they would share maps unless there is an ongoing
war between them).

> > What kind of tags are you talking about?
> >

> I'm talking about the tags in the same file as the
> name of the civs cities, the name of the civ itself,
> which wonders the civ should pursue etc. There is
> usually a tag describing the civ as perfectionist or
> expansionist.
> But I believe it is almost always ignored.

I don't think I saw them anywhere in the code...

Best,
G.