[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Finishing up AI dialogue

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Finishing up AI dialogue
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 05:49:40 -0700 (PDT)

--- Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>  --- Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
> > get rid of all the magic numbers crusade? By the
> way,
> > I was not at all involved in magic direction
> numbers,
> > I was responsible for the introduction of
> > SINGLE_MOVE_COST
> > and other movement constants to replace magic
> numbers
> > used in various places in the AI code. If you're
>
> good work!

Thanks ;)
> [...]
> world
> > > maps.
> > >
> > > Does this benefit the AI?
> > >
> > It certainly benefits the AI. The AI currently
> > indulges in massive cheating, using data not
> available
> > to the human player. But by not cheating, the AI
> is at
> > a massive handicap. By having the AI always agree
> > swap world maps with players
>
> So basically it wouldn't benefit AI at this stage
> (well, almost no
> benefit), but ideally, it's a good thing.
> Especially if you can make it
> less discriminate (like they would share maps unless
> there is an ongoing
> war between them).

On the contrary, the side with more units and/or
production should try to share world maps, because
they are at a distinct advantage. Even the side at
a distinct disadvantage would want to share maps
so they can go for the obvious strategy of capturing
the capital and splitting a civ in two.

> > > What kind of tags are you talking about?
> > >

> > I'm talking about the tags in the same file as the
> > name of the civs cities, the name of the civ
> itself,
> > which wonders the civ should pursue etc. There is
> > usually a tag describing the civ as perfectionist
> or
> > expansionist.
> > But I believe it is almost always ignored.
>
> I don't think I saw them anywhere in the code...

The tags are in the .ruleset files, e.g roman.ruleset
has as well as city names, name of leader other tags
describing the civs as expansionist perfectionist yada

yada. Grep it for yourself.