[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Sorting techs in the intelligence report

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Sorting techs in the intelligence report
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 00:34:18 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 13. September 2001 18:38 schrieb Raimar Falke:

> > On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 12:43:42PM +0200, Christian Knoke wrote:

> > > After the translation.
> >
> > I would be very glad if this could be done for the "change"
> > and "select" popup menues in the city report, too.
>
> Like in the attached patch? Non-military units will appear over the
> other units.

Yes, exactly :-)

But if you don't mind, I suggest to exchange the second section (wonders)
with the third section (units) in the popup list(s).

This is for the case the list is too long and doesn't fit on the screen,
in advanced games and with a smaller screen. When the list is cut off
then, it's the wonders missing, and not the units - most of the time you
change units, not wonders.

I know, this results in a small inconsistency with some other lists,
but I regard this minor against usability.

And, when you're on it ;) you might consider putting the coinage item
separate, e.g. at the end of the improvements section.

Just now, when I'm looking deeper in it, I wonder why I overlooked
the change function in the city dialog and the worklist. But this
is probably a matter with the new city dialog.

>       Raimar

Christian, who likes the great control features of freeciv

--
* Christian Knoke                           +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel                  Wurtleutetweute 49 *