[Freeciv-Dev] Fwd: civscore.log 2

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, mwh@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Fwd: civscore.log 2
From: mathieu <yeupou@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 16:23:10 +0200

« FromReinier Post  Date31/07/2001 11:26   Sujet[Freeciv-Dev] Re:
scorelog/savegame inconsistencies   Taille1733 octets  Attachements
On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 03:18:10PM -0400, Justin Moore wrote:

> > > And what about the times where you want to transfer the
> > > savegame file around?
> >
> > Is it really that difficult to transfer *two* files?
>
> It's not that difficult, but it's just irritating. For programmers or
> hackers or CS people in general, it's not that big a deal. But for Joe
> User at home trying to run FreeCiv,

... who has no use for civscore.log anyway!

I knew of two tools that use civscore.log: Trent's "civscore", which is
an XForms application, and the scripts at civserver.freeciv.org, which
I try to hide from the public eye.

> I hacked together a script using perl, gnuplot, and convert to make
> some neat graphs comparing performance along the way. You can even give
> it a "smoothing factor" to gauge overall trends, what with the AI moving
> tax/lux/sci rates around a lot. I know at least nine people at my
> workplace that think this decomposition is a pretty cool thing, and
having
> the stats there is just kind of neat. Checking out these graphs is one of
> the first things we do at the end of a game.
>
> You can browse some sample graphs at
> http://137.54.4.64/~justin/public/CIV/

Our code seems very similar, see

http://civserver.freeciv.org/viewgame.phtml?game=17196

Can we merge our scripts?

> I guess my point is that the patch is available, you have users that
> think it's a cool thing, I don't mind maintaining or improving on my
code,
> and performance-wise it's not a noteable hit (except that loading a game
> takes a little longer). The work has been done for you. Why *not*
> include it?

I'm all for it. It complicates the code a little,
but it seems useful enough. »

Why  « do you try to hide to public eyes » this scripts ???? Because it
means accès to civscore.log ? Does this means that every-one got access to
civscore.log (instead of only a user on the root machine) ?

////////