[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Profiles from huge game

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Profiles from huge game
From: 蔡恆華 <iquin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 04:37:35 -0400 (EDT)

When I was coding the effects, I did notice the tremendous slow down.
Which is why I left a comment somewhere saying effect range greater than
city works only for wonders (not sure if it is in the current CVS).
Original implementation was calculating the effects realtime when it is
needed. This could be slower/faster, but caching the effects definitely
takes more memory/code space.
Another CPU waste I notice is (or was) finding palace in a large nation, I
doubt it has been fixed.

> There were quite a few people who complained about how the latest
version
> sucked and was worse than previous ones.  The ugly isometric mode was
the
Have not/will not download the latest version, the size of the
distribution file sucks. When I first downloaded freeciv, it was
only ~300K+ (vs ~4M? today).

Regards,
I.Q.