[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Profiles from huge game

To: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Profiles from huge game
From: Justin Moore <justin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 09:09:53 -0400 (EDT)

> Have not/will not download the latest version, the size of the
> distribution file sucks. When I first downloaded freeciv, it was
> only ~300K+ (vs ~4M? today).

   I think this is a pretty good point.  I was downloading a copy over a
modem and it was painful.  Where's the natural point of splitting things
up?  The translations look to be the largest directory, followed by data
and the client.  Maybe some scripts to split it up before it gets packaged
up?  Comments?

-jdm

Department of Computer Science, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708-0129
Email:  justin@xxxxxxxxxxx