[Freeciv-Dev] Re: the directional system

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: the directional system
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 09:13:15 +0200

On Sat, Sep 08, 2001 at 09:10:49PM -0400, Jason Dorje Short wrote:
> "Ross W. Wetmore" wrote:
> > In the end, though this needs to be done 100%. You can't really afford to
> > miss something, or have things dropped out for stupid reasons, or get them
> > fouled up by amateur massaging along the way when it comes to final release.
>
> This isn't quite true.  Trying to be 100% isn't worth it.  But 99% or
> 99.9% or 99.99999% may be reasonable.
>
> > That's one of the reasons why I don't favour the kitchen sink approach.
>
> I'm not advocating the kitchen sink approach.  I agree with you that a
> full review will be needed before a switchover occurs.  Fortunately,
> you've already reviewed the core code so all that remains (I think) is
> the GUI code.

I still don't understand it. DIR_DX2 is only used in one method. Why
not just convert this and be fine (at least as an immediate step) with
one system. Why to switch all over to the DIR_DX2 system? Why is the
DIR_DX2 inferior to the DIR_DX system (not the naming but the
ordering)?

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "When C++ is your hammer, everything looks like a thumb."