[Freeciv-Dev] AI and AIR (Was: goto from Trieme with Lighthouse (PR#915)

To: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] AI and AIR (Was: goto from Trieme with Lighthouse (PR#915))
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 14:29:48 +0100 (BST)

I'm forward my reply to the whole list, since it is only partial and I
myself would like to know the complete answer.

 --- Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have looked in the aigotocode a little bit. Why it doesn't use
> airbases? That shouldn't be very hard, make an waiting list for every
> airbase and so you can get that in the ai-goto-code.

I suspect AI doesn't use airbases because it doesn't use airunits yet.
Or does it?

> Will there be a major rewrite of the ai-code? Or even something like an
> ai-contest?

I hope there will be a lot of activity on ai.
I also hope that we will get GUILE scripting at some point (right now I
am playing with GUILE and it is cool).  Which also answers Raimar's
question about different platforms for the agents, if I understood the
question correctly.

Once (and if) we have GUILE, we can organize an ai-contest, yes!!!

Best,
G.