[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI and AIR (Was: goto from Trieme with Lighthouse (PR#

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI and AIR (Was: goto from Trieme with Lighthouse (PR#915))
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:47:37 +0200

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 02:29:48PM +0100, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> I'm forward my reply to the whole list, since it is only partial and I
> myself would like to know the complete answer.
>
>  --- Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I have looked in the aigotocode a little bit. Why it doesn't use
> > airbases? That shouldn't be very hard, make an waiting list for every
> > airbase and so you can get that in the ai-goto-code.
>
> I suspect AI doesn't use airbases because it doesn't use airunits yet.
> Or does it?

*looking at the code* No.

> > Will there be a major rewrite of the ai-code? Or even something like an
> > ai-contest?

A parallel rewrite of a client side ai is in progress. This is done in
C because performance issues.

> I hope there will be a lot of activity on ai.
> I also hope that we will get GUILE scripting at some point (right now I
> am playing with GUILE and it is cool).  Which also answers Raimar's
> question about different platforms for the agents, if I understood the
> question correctly.

So I hope you make a proposal which describes the
interaction/interface of c and guile code.

> Once (and if) we have GUILE, we can organize an ai-contest, yes!!!

We don't need GUILE for this. Python will do this ;)

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "I was dead ... but I'm better now."