[Freeciv-Dev] Re: assistance

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: assistance
From: Justin Moore <justin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 12:28:42 -0400 (EDT)

> > PS: I think 75 Mil $ could help Freeciv and his developpers a lil' bit...
> > I will also be very confidential with this and make a news entry in
> > slashdot soon.

   That works.  Seeing as it doesn't involve the DMCA, Microsoft, or a
potential JonKatz rant, it's guaranteed not to make the news.

> I took four things from this "letter":
>
> 1.  He probably wants a translation.
>
> 2.  He likes the "alternate currency" patch, but believes the currency
> chosen should be independent of the ruleset.  For instance, if playing
> the Nigerians you should be able to choose "dollars" as a currency.
>
> 3.  He wants to invest $75 million US dollars in FreeCiv development.
>
> 4.  Someone in the Nigerian embassy has been playing too much FreeCiv.

   I actually took this to mean that AI diplomacy should use tricks like
the "Spanish Prisoner" setup or other such deceitfulness.  Maybe it could
dynamically respond to the "Reputation" characteristic in some way.

   Think we could get a patch out of him?

> Of course, I suppose it's *possible* the letter isn't serious...

   But I thought you could believe everything you read online/in email?

-jdm

Department of Computer Science, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708-0129
Email:  justin@xxxxxxxxxxx