[Freeciv-Dev] Sound implemented

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Sound implemented
From: tnt@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:24:55 +0200

Hi,
as I am a big fan of Civilisation and Freeciv which I discovered on saturday
for me, I thought about developping the missing sound implementation where I
have some first success.
It is only a little hack which I only added to control.c / control.h because I
was too lazy to make a new c file for just 20 lines of new code. I am using
"play" for sound output which makes up to now the most sense because it is
available on the most systems.
You can now give every unit 5 different sounds : Activate, Move, Attack,
Special, Destroyed.
I also added an option that one sound isn't played twice in 2 seconds so I
think the best sounds should be non-looping and about 2 seconds long. The most
sounds I downloaded from the freeciv ftp didn't fit that and aren't very good @
all.
The whole thing is working already very fine and I will also implement a
function for other sounds like civil disorders...

Later I will post the things I did...

CU,
David

PS: Sorry for the bad english, I am so tired...