Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Profiling Civserver again

To: Paul Zastoupil <paulz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Eric E Moore <e.e.moore@xxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Profiling Civserver again
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 22:46:45 +0200

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, paulz@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> Paul> Yes, Thue mentioned this to me.  I will do this in the
>> Paul> future.  Anyone have a favorite seed? ;)
>>
>> 42?
>
> stock cvs from today.
>
> $ cat rc
> set seed 42
> set randseed 42
> hard
> set aifill 5
>
> I ai'd the one player first turn without moving anything.  It ran to
> 1870AD when the civ I was observing was obliterated.

Would it be possible to change the code so that one can run ai games
non-interactively, i.e. without ever having to start a client?  That
would make it a lot easier to do this sort of thing on a regular
basis.  In particular, it would make it easy for me to run test games
on the nice and fast SRCF rather then the old and slow computer I have
at home.  I'd do it myself, but I'm not very familiar with this part
of the code.

--
Big Gaute                               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
I had a lease on an OEDIPUS COMPLEX back in '81...