Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Bad entries in po/POTFILES.in

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Bad entries in po/POTFILES.in
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 11:35:54 +0200

On Monday 09 July 2001 02:06, Gaute B Strokkenes wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Jul 2001, jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > At 2001/07/03 05:46 , Thue wrote:
> > I, personally, like the idea of having a multi-part distribution,
> > where you could pick the parts you want.  We are definitely not
> > there, however.
>
> The situation wrt. VMS is precisely the same, except that the vms
> directory is included in Makefile.am.  If we're going to have a
> multi-part distribution then we should definitely document the
> practise.  I think that the easiest and most robust solution is to
> include the amiga files; in my experience if you try to go behind
> Automake's back then things will break sooner or later.

Also, the amiga/po problem was no relevant in earlier releases, so it
is fair to reconsider.
Adding the extra files adds ~100-150kb to the distribution, which is
acceptable, I think. To look at the opposite view, I do not thing it is
acceptable to cripple the distribution for a 3% size saving.

But I don't know if we want to add the amiga/* files. The amiga client
seems to have it's own release schedule, and it may not work at the
point where the rest of freeciv has a release.

Btw, the debian distribution files are not included in the dist either.
We may want to add them.

Here is a patch to add the files in client/gui-mui to automake.

-Thue *Leaves for vacation in 1 hour*