Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Bad entries in po/POTFILES.in

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Sebastian Bauer <sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Bad entries in po/POTFILES.in
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 11:46:03 +0200

On Tuesday 03 July 2001 00:27, miguel_l_l@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > The file po/POTFILES.in contains a number of entries that point
> > > to non-existent files, namely to files in the client/gui-mui/
> > > directory, which apparently no longer exists.
> > >
> > > This is a problem because it causes `make update-po' to fail, so
> > > I've just edited out those entries from po/POTFILES.in.  Is this
> > > the correct solution?  Do you want me to update these changes to
> > > po/POTFILES.in in the CVS repository?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Miguel
> >
> > It works fine for me.
> > I also looked over the files listed, and they all seem to exist.
> >
> > -Thue
>
> It's strange, but it seems that although the directory
> client/gui-mui/ does exist in the CVS, it doesn't exist in the file
> ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/beta/freeciv-1.11.6.tar.bz2
> that is linked from the front page of freeciv.org
>
> --
> Miguel

Yes, it doesn't exist there, because amiga doesn't use the autoconf
build system.
That is somewhat unfortunate because it cripples the releases as base
for development, as seen above. That should be fixed.
How about just adding a basic Makefile.am/Makefile.in/Makefile to the
dir, do make "make dist" work? The amiga people don't have to use it
for anything else.

-Thue