Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: headers in po-files

To: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: headers in po-files
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 26 Jun 2001 20:03:45 +0100

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, thue@xxxxxxx wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 June 2001 20:15, Thue wrote:
>> After my last 2 patches to the .po files I were told that there was
>> an agreement that only the .po maintains commited changes to the
>> .po files.  So I will leave it up to those to apply this patch to
>> their files and get it into CVS.
>>
>> -Thue
>
> I might as well ask - is it ok with all maintainers if I commit a
> technical patch like this? It is very easy to do, rather than having
> to spread it out.  I will of course never touch the actual
> translations.

I think that the best way in general would be to do as we do now: post
the patch on the mailing list for general review and then apply if if
no one objects within a reasonable timeframe.  The only aber is that
translators might not read freeciv-dev.  Perhaps there should be a
seperate mailing list, freeciv-nls or something like that, where
patches that affect translations should be cross-posted and which
translators should be expected to read.

--
Big Gaute                               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
If I have enough money to buy 5,000 CANS of NOODLE-RONI, can I get a