Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: headers in po-files

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: headers in po-files
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 23:55:34 +0200

On Tuesday 26 June 2001 22:15, Egbert Hinzen wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Thue wrote:
> > I might as well ask - is it ok with all maintainers if I commit a
> > technical patch like this? It is very easy to do, rather than having to
> > spread it out. I will of course never touch the actual translations.
>
> IMHO: No!
> Exception: A patch is needed because an .po file crashes the game.

I think the core is that we want to be able to apply simple fixes without
going through a great bureaucracy. Some stuff as these patches are the same
for all .po files. If we had to go through the maintainers (not all of which
are always active) it would be a bit of a mess and a simple fix could wait
for a long time.
Also, some stuff like decideing whether to have fuzzy header bits doesn't
make much sense to delegate to to the individual maintainers.

-Thue