Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] memory leak (PR#775)

To: yding@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] memory leak (PR#775)
From: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 13:02:14 +0200

yding@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
 > Full_Name: Yi Ding
 > Version: 1.11.4
 > Client: Gtk+
 > OS: Windows
 > Submission from: (NULL) (128.174.36.190)
 >

 > There's a memory leak in Freeciv. Every time I play upwards of 3 hours or
 > so, the system tells me there's low memory, and this is on a 128 MB
 > computer.

Which version of windows? I cannot reproduce a memory leak on win95(OSR2)
and on win2000. In earlier versions of freeciv (before Dec 2000) there
was a memory leak, which eats memory whenever a tile was redrawn.

Have you some old gdk-1.3.dll on your system?

Can you tell me, what you can do to speed up the memory leak?
(e.g. scrolling maps, opening and closing the same dialog multiple
time)

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade