Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: FreeCiv FaceLift

To: Dennis Jensen <djensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: FreeCiv FaceLift
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 08:12:17 +0200

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 01:41:10PM -0500, Dennis Jensen wrote:
> Hello all, I was wondering if someone could give me some pointers (or
> know who could) about where to look if I am planning on doing a face
> lift (i.o.w.  replace the client-side gui with a different gui).  I am
> trying to create a Perl front-end for the FreeCiv software.  My biggest
> problem right now is time constraint and after having waded through many
> files and not having made any significant progress, I thought I'd turn
> to the experts of FreeCiv to see if I could get some help.

The normal way to add a new toolkit is to add a new client/gui-foobar
directory. This assumes that you use C or C++ to access the other
methods on the client (client/* and common/*). So either you can use
SWIG or similar to wrap the other client methods or you can write a
pure perl client.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx